OUR TOP 10 TIPS FOR FESTIVAL SURVIVAL
1. Make a note of all the acts you want to see before you set off, so you know exactly where you need to be and when.
2. Plan your journey. Whether you're travelling by car, train, bus or boat, you don't want to spend hours stuck in traffic or delayed by over-running roadworks or something.
3. Arrive early to bag yourself a good camping spot. Stay close to all the action but away from Portaloos or shower facilities.
4. Pack plenty of sun cream - no one looks good sporting lobster chic.
5. Stock up on loo roll and antibacterial hand gels - festival toilets aren't known for five-star hygiene standards.
6. Prepare for all weathers. Pack a mixture of vests, T-shirts, hoodies and maybe even a poncho to stay cosy and stylish come rain or shine.
7. Establish a clear meeting point in case your group gets separated. Don't just rely on everyone having a phone with battery or signal.
8. Stay hydrated, especially if the sun decides to make an appearance. Make sure you know where the water points are located to refill water bottles.
9. Keep cash and valuables on you at all times. Tents aren't secure and petty theft is rife at festivals.
10. Most importantly, have fun and take plenty of photos.